Chairperson: Lisa Cox
Attendance: Patti Meola, Stephanie Jarvis, Angie Schrantz, Carisa Dueweke, Ed Noble, Lisa Cox
Absent: Carol Traczyk
1. Budget for 2018: $6400 total for all activities. We did not utilize the entire budget last year (which was also $6400). Since money was remaining in the fund in December 2017, a new 12 foot Christmas tree, ornaments, decorations and some craft supplies were purchased.
2. Spring Fling: Date of 3/25/18 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. was decided and Clubhouse will be reserved. Last year’s event budget was $1000, and with magician fees increasing, new budget will be $1200: $270-petting zoo, $600-magician, $250-750 filled eggs from Oriental Trading Co. Food will be purchased with personal funds, and monies made off of sales will reimburse person buying and any profits made will purchase gift cards for golden eggs. Crafts will be alphabet necklaces, cookie decorations, and coloring pages.
Food purchased will be Little Caesars, Costco-nuggets, fries and small bottles of water. Lauren Clark to be contacted to see if she is interested in selling cupcakes again and donating cake. Angie will put together flyer with new dates and times: Petting Zoo: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.; Balloon Animals and Face Painting: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.; Magician: 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.; Easter Egg Hunt for 3 age groups: 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and the age groups will be 0-3 yrs, 4-6 yrs, and 7+ yrs.
Advertising for event to start in next week. If we don’t already have banner, banner to be purchased and hung as soon as possible. March meeting will be to wrap up who is doing what. Angie to schedule magician and Stephanie to schedule petting zoo.
3. Memorial Day Events: Ed Noble was present and brought a sample of his band’s music for us to listen to. It was voted that Ed Noble’s band, Movin On, will be playing Sunday, 5/27/18 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (with rain date of 5/28/18 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.). His bandmates will be paid $800, and Ed Noble will perform for free.
Jordan’s BBQ will be called and requested that they be a vendor at the event, along with the Snack Shack. Heather Johnson notified me that she will be heading the Wounded Warriors 5K run on Monday, 5/28/18. Carisa Dueweke confirmed that she will assist Heather.
4. Independence Day Holiday: It was voted on that a DJ is sufficient for this event and will be contacted to see if available on 7/3/18 to play from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Budget is $500. Jordan’s BBQ and Snack Shack will be requested to serve food. Prizes will be purchased for kids’ hula hoop contests.
5. End of Summer/Back to School Event: It was voted on that since we are keeping costs down by hiring cheaper bands/djs for previous events that we will hire a DJ for Saturday, 8/4/18 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. to play on Clubhouse deck. Budget is $500. Prizes to be discussed.
6. Labor Day Event: Ed Noble will contact Movin On band members to see if they are available for Sunday, 9/2/18 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (rain date 9/3/18 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.). Total cost will be $800. Jordan’s BBQ and Snack Shack will be requested to serve food. If another vendor is available as substitute, that will be a possibility as well.
7. Fall Fest: 10/7/18 date was chosen for Fall Fest. Further information to follow.
8. Christmas Potluck: Sunday, 12/2/18 date was chosen for Potluck. Further information to follow.
9. It was discussed to possibly add a Super Bowl event next February IF there is a possibility of adding Comcast services to the clubhouse.
Great meeting and a lot was accomplished, thanks to everyone’s input!