The Bag-And-Go Leaf Program is a (test) program we are offering Lake Holiday residents whereby our maintenance staff will collect bagged leaves. The program is free and our goal is to help mitigate the number of leaves that end up in the lake which adds to our phosphorous problem. It will also reduce our disposal expenses and potentially reduce long-term work for our maintenance staff. Additionally, with the collected leaves we are planning on offering free compost, but we expect this to take approximately two years to come to fruition.
What do you need to do?
- Purchase Paper Lawn Bags, http://bit.ly/ShopPaperBags (Target is very reasonable). We request biodegradable bags because they are environmentally friendly and will work with creating compost.
- No plastic bags will be picked up.
- Bags of just sticks and wood will not be picked up.
- Review the map and table below to determine your pickup schedule.
- Pickup begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Place your bagged leaves at the top of your driveway the night before scheduled pickup.
- There is no limit to the number of bags allowed but the bags must be as stick and wood free as possible.
SECTION A: 11/6/2017 and 11/15/2017
SECTION B: 11/8/2017 and 11/20/2017
SECTION C: 11/13/2017 and 11/23/2017
Due to the unpredictable nature of the trees dropping their leaves, the below schedule is tentative. We will send out a confirmation email the Friday before the program starts (Nov. 3rd) confirming it’s start. If conditions dictate the program will be pushed back one week.
This program will be reviewed after completion to determine if we will continue the program or modify it as necessary for next year.
(Submitted by Scott Simko)