1045 Lakeview Drive
Cross Junction VA 22625
Email: Jill@lakeholidaycc.org Website: www.lakeholidaycc.org
July 28, 2023
Nominations are now open for the Lake Holiday Board of Directors. Three (3) vacancies will be filled. All three (3) are for three-year terms. There are always important issues to be addressed within our community, and each of us should consider how we can contribute best. We need people on the Board who have a diversity of experience that can be applied to our community in order to continue to make it a desirable place to live. Candidates should have the ability to work with a diverse group of people to move the community forward while representing the needs of all members.
The LHCC Board meets once a month and more often as required. Board members generally work on specific projects for the community, long-range planning, creating the budget, and determining where funds will be spent in the future to improve our community. If you believe that you can help, we’d like to see you run for one of the vacancies on the Board.
Qualifications: A candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Be a property owner, named on the property deed, and in good standing, with all fees and assessments paid as of September 13, 2023 — the date the Biographies are due.
- Have no architectural or other compliance violations pending.
- Have owned your property for one year as of October 28, 2023 — the date of the election.
- Be willing to sign and abide by the LHCC Code of Conduct Agreement.
- For anyone considering being a candidate:
- Candidate Biography (see details below)is due to LHCC Office by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, September 13th. In addition to their biographies and position statements, all candidates will be asked to submit a signed statement, provided by the LHCC Management Office, indicating their intent to comply with the most recent versions of the LHCC Code of Conduct and Goldberg’s Rules of Order if they are elected.
- For all members:
- Candidates’ Forum, where the membership has an opportunity to meet the candidates (Town Hall style meeting), will be held on Saturday, September 30th at 10:00 AM in the Great Room in the Clubhouse
- All Absentee ballots (both paper and electronic) must be received by 5 p.m. on Thursday, October 26th.
- The Annual Meeting of Members will be held on Saturday, October 28th in the Great Room in the Clubhouse. Sign-in begins at 8:30 AM. In-person voting will be from 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM. The meeting begins at 10:00 AM.
Your Biography will be published on the Lake Holiday website in September and included in the October newsletter.
- (education, work, volunteering, etc.)
- (leadership, management, financial, technical, etc.)
- (not more than 75 words) summarizing why you wish to serve on the Board.
- (or key issues) that you believe to be most important to Lake Holiday during the coming years, and your views regarding these focus areas or issues.
How can you learn more?
Please call the Office (540-931-0951) to get in touch with members of the current Board of Directors or email the Nominating Committee at ChairNominating@lakeholidaycc.org. Any of these people will be happy to get the answers you need. The current members of the Nominating Committee are: Mike Bradshaw (Co-Chair), Michele Bradshaw (Co-Chair), Chris Anderson, Dave Buermeyer, Tom Demery, and Beth Harrington. We recommend that all prospective candidates read the following materials to gain an understanding of the responsibilities of a Board member:
- LHCC Bylaws
- Article VII – Powers and Duties of the Board of Directors
- Article VIII – Indemnification
- Article XI – Officers and Their Duties
- Lake Holiday Board of Directors Code of Conduct
Another way to learn a great deal about the Board and the governance process is to attend a meeting and to read the “Board Book” that is published on the LHCC Website and is available for review a few days before each Board of Directors’ meeting.