1045 Lakeview Drive
Cross Junction VA 22625
Email: Jill@lakeholidaycc.org Website: www.lakeholidaycc.org
July 22, 2022
Nominations are now open for the Lake Holiday Board of Directors. Four (4) vacancies will be filled – three (3) are for three-year terms and one(1) is for one-year to complete a vacated term. There are always important issues to be addressed within our community, and each of us should consider how we can contribute best. We need people on the Board who have a diversity of experience that can be applied to our community in order to continue to make it a desirable place to live. Candidates should have the ability to work with a diverse group to move the community forward while representing the needs of all members.
The LHCC Board meets once a month and more often as required. Board members generally work on specific projects for the community, long-range planning, creating the budget, and determining where funds will be spent in the future to better our community. If you believe that you can help, we’d like to see you run for one of the vacancies on the Board. The information that we seek is reflected on the biography format at the bottom of this letter which includes an opportunity to communicate issues you feel are most important. We also recommend that candidates be familiar with the PRPs, Bylaws and other governing documents plus the trailing twelve months of Board meeting minutes. These are all available on www.lakeholidaycc.org.
Qualifications for election to the LHCC Board:
• Be a property owner, named on the property deed, and in good standing, with all fees and assessments paid as of September 7, 2022 — the date the Biographies are due.
• Have no architectural or other compliance violations pending.
• Have owned your property for one year as of October 22, 2022 — the date of the election.
• Be willing to sign and abide by the LHCC Code of Conduct Agreement.
• Prospective Candidate Briefing Sessions are on Saturday, August 6, 2022 at 10 A.M., in the Great Room of the Clubhouse, and Wednesday, August 24, 2022, at 7 P.M. in the Great Room of the Clubhouse. You will be able to ask questions of the Nominating Committee and participating Board Members to get an understanding of Board of Directors’ roles.
• The Management Office must receive your Biography by 5 p.m. on September 7, 2022.
• The office will mail Ballots to or initiate electronic voting materials for property owners, along with the candidates’ Biographies on September 16, 2022.
• The Nominations Committee will host a Candidates’ Forum at the Clubhouse on Saturday, September 24, 2022, at 10 A.M... At this gathering, you will be asked to speak to the membership, and they will be able to ask you questions.
• The Management Office will accept absentee ballots and proxies until 5 p.m. Thursday, October 20, 2022.
• The Annual Meeting and Election will be at the Clubhouse, on Saturday, October 22, 2022. Doors open at 8:30 A.M.; the meeting begins at 10 A.M. In-person ballots will be accepted until 10:30 A.M., when the voting closes.
Please note: The Biography is to be one page, single-sided only and will be sent out to all property owners exactly the way it is received. The Biography should include a short statement of why you want to serve on the Board. Your Biography will be published on the Lake Holiday website in September and included in the October newsletter. The Biography format is on the reverse side of this letter.
The Nominating Committee hopes that you will consider running for these important positions on the Board of Directors. We need our community’s finest to continue to make Lake Holiday a premier residential lake community.
Mike and Michele Bradshaw, Co-Chairs
E-Mail Your Biography and Position Statement by 5 PM, September 7, 2022 to:
Please send electronic version in Word only
Biography format on Reverse Side
2022 Election -LHCC Board of Directors
Format for Candidate Biography
Lake Holiday Section and Lot Number
Telephone and Email Address
Candidate Biography for Election to the LHCC Board of Directors
- Background (education, work, volunteering, etc.)
- Relevant experience (leadership, management, financial, technical, etc.)
- Lake Holiday committee or Board experience
- Statement (not more than 75 words) summarizing why you wish to serve on the Board.
- Your desired focus areas (or key issues) that you believe to be most important to Lake Holiday during the coming years, and your views regarding these focus areas or issues.
There are only a few “house rules” to follow:
1. The Biography must be typed in 12-point Times New Roman for uniformity and readability.
2. The Biography must fit on one side of an 8.5” x 11” piece of paper (normal margins).
3. The Biography must be submitted electronically in Word format. Formatting may be changed for printing purposes, but no editing of content, spell-checking or any other changes will be made to what you submit. Your statements present you to the community. Tell us what you want them to know.