2019 Tar & Chip treatments are about to begin. Carroll Construction has indicated that they anticipate beginning this year’s application process sometime during the next two weeks. An exact start date has not yet been set and is dependent upon completion of Carroll’s prior commitments. Once we have a start date, an additional notice will be sent to the community.
Roads scheduled for tar and chip include:
- West Masters Drive
- Green Drive
- Woods Drive
- Eagle Drive
- Divot Place
- Point Place
- Downhill Circle
- Waterside Lane
- Portions of South Lakeview Drive
- Lakeview from end of Masters Drive to Lake Holiday Road
- Entry and Exit lanes from Redland Road to Masters
Although passage will remain open, delays are anticipated. Please allow adequate time for safe travel through the work zones and obey flagger/traffic controllers’ instructions.
Please note that newly treated areas will have loose gravel and sticky tar which may stick to one’s shoes, please adjust pet walking routines, etc. as you deem necessary until the surface has fully cured (roughly 4 to 6 weeks after tar & chip treatment).
- Do NOT exceed the speed limit. In fact, the slower you drive, the less tar & chip you will throw and the less likely you’ll damage the work designed to improve the roads. Driving slowly over freshly sealed roads aids and accelerates the finishing process. The recommended speed to aid this process is 10-15 miles per hour for the first 24-48 hours after completion. If you can hear the chips striking your car, you’re driving too fast.
- Motorcyclist should exercise extreme caution when driving on this roads or avoid them altogether for the first 24-48 hours.
- Leave plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front of you to allow extra braking distance in the event of a sudden emergency.
- Inspect your car for tar frequently and clean it off sooner rather than later for the first 24-48 hours.
Bicyclists and pedestrians/pets should avoid these roadways for the first 24-48 hours.
New Stop Signs to be Installed
The Board of Directors has recently approved of some new stop sign installations based upon the Security Committee’s recommendations. These new signs will result in 3-way stops at the following locations:
- The intersection of Woods and West Masters Drive
- The intersection of Lakeview and Masters Drive
- The intersection of Colonial and Masters Drive
These new signs are scheduled to be installed in the next few weeks, and an additional notice will be sent when the installations begin. Please be on the lookout for these new stop signs and prepare to stop at these intersections accordingly!
Clubhouse Parking Lot Rejuvenation
Wilson’s Asphalt Maintenance, Inc. will begin work on planned sealing, striping and repairs at the Clubhouse in the next week or two. A portion of the parking lot will remain open and accessible during the work period, but traffic patterns will be temporarily adjusted to allow the necessary work to be accomplished. Staff will send out notification once work begins.
Thanks in advance for your attention to these planned operations, and your caution when traveling through the impacted areas.
Safe travels to all,
Mike Goodwin, LHCC GM