Nominations are now open for the Lake Holiday Board of Directors! Five (5) vacancies will be filled, 4 each for a three-year term, 1 is for a one-year term to close out the term or Keri Mounts, who is resigning effective the day of the Annual Meeting.
Candidate Biography and Position Statement are due to LHCC Office by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 11th, 2019.
Candidates should have the ability to work with a diverse group of people to move the community forward while representing the needs of all members. Significant issues face our community, and each of us should consider how we can best contribute.
We need people on the Board who have a diversity of experiences that can be applied to our community in order to continue to make Lake Holiday a desirable place to live.
The LHCC Board meets once a month and more often as required. Board members generally work on specific projects for the community, long-range planning, budgeting, and determining where funds will be spent in the future to improve our community. If you believe that you can help, we’d like to see you run for one of the vacancies on the Board.
A candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Has owned property at Lake Holiday (is named on the property deed) for 12 months as of the date of the election, October 26th, 2019.
- Is current on all fees and assessments as of October 11th, 2019.
- Has no outstanding violations.
- Is willing to sign and abide by the LHCC Board of Directors Code of Conduct.
- Candidate Biography and Position Statement are due to LHCC Office by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 11th, 2019. (See details below.)
FOR ALL MEMBERS
All interested members of the community are invited and encouraged to attend the following:
- Candidates’ Forum. This Town Hall style meeting is where candidates meet and address the LHCC membership. This event will be held on Saturday, September 28, at 10:00 a.m. in the Clubhouse Great Room.
- Annual Meeting. This event will be held on Saturday, October 26th, 2019 in the Clubhouse Great Room. Sign-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Voting will be from 8:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. The business meeting begins at 10:00 a.m.
CANDIDATE BIOGRAPHY and POSITION STATEMENT
The Candidate Biography and Position Statement must be typed in 12-point Times New Roman for uniformity at publication. Electronic copies in Word format are required. The Biography and Position Statement should be attached to an email and sent to Jill@lakeholidaycc.com.
The Biography must fit on the front of one 8.5″ by 11″ piece of paper. The Office staff or Nominating Committee will not edit or change your biography or position statement. It will be published as presented. The candidate’s biography must be one page, single-sided only.
The recommended format is as follows:
- Name (required)
- LHCC Section and Lot Number (required)
- Address (required, but does not have to be published)
- City, State, Zip (required, but does not have to be published)
- Telephone(s) and Email Address (required, but does not have to be published)
- Statement of Interest. Describe in 75 words (or less) why you are willing to serve as a member of the LHCC Board of Directors. This paragraph, as provided by each candidate, will be printed in the October Lake Holiday Newsletter (required).
Optional Information. At your choice, you may include such information as:
- How long you have lived or owned property at LHCC.
- Relevant experience or skills you wish to share.
- Current or past membership on LHCC committees.
- Personal profile – family, hobbies, volunteer experience.
- What you most like and/or least like about our community.
The Position Statement should be a separate additional page. It should contain the three most important issues you see facing our community and your position on each. Feel free to list more than three if you wish.
The Biographies and Position Statements will be published on the Lake Holiday website in September and included in the October newsletter.
HOW TO LEARN MORE
You may call the Office at 540-931-0951 to get in touch with members of the current Board of Directors or a Nominating Committee member by visiting: The Lake Holiday Contacts Page and/or The Lake Holiday Committees Page on our website. Any of these people will be happy to get you the answers you need.
The current members of the Nominating Committee are: Mike Bradshaw (Co-Chair), Michele Bradshaw (Co-Chair), Dave Buermeyer, Tom Demery, and Mike Ressler.
We recommend that all prospective candidates read the following materials to gain an understanding of the responsibilities of a Board member:
- LHCC Bylaws – See our Lake Holiday Important Documents Page
- Article V – Meetings of Directors
- Article VII – Powers and Duties of the Board of Directors
- Article XI – Officers and Their Duties
- Lake Holiday Board of Directors Code of Conduct