UPDATE: Due to the announced resignation of Director Scott Simko (effective the day before the elections), a fifth vacancy will now be available for a one-year term, which represents the remainder of Director Simko’s service time on the Board of Directors. Director Simko’s excellence and leadership will be missed and we thank him for his service.
The Nominating Committee announces that: Nominations are now open for the Lake Holiday Board of Directors. Five (5) vacancies will be filled – four are for three-year terms and one is for a one-year term.
Significant issues face our community, and each of us should consider how we can contribute best. We need people on the Board who have a diversity of experience that can be applied to our community in order to continue to make it a desirable place to live. Candidates should have the ability to work with a diverse group of people to move the community forward while representing the needs of all members.
The LHCC Board meets once a month (on the 4th Tuesday of the month) and more often as required. Board members generally work on specific projects for the community, long-range planning, creating the budget, and determining where funds will be spent in the future to improve our community. If you believe that you can help, we’d like to see you run for one of the vacancies on the Board.
Qualifications: A candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Has owned property at Lake Holiday for 12 months as of the date of the election, October 27th, 2018, and is named on the property deed
- Is current on all fees and assessments as of October 12th, 2018
- Has no outstanding violations
- Is willing to sign and abide by the LHCC Board of Directors Code of Conduct
For anyone considering being a candidate:
- Prospective Candidate Briefings – (Attendance at one briefing is recommended, duration about 1.5 hours)
>>> Saturday, August 11th at 10:00 AM in the downstairs meeting room at the Clubhouse
>>> Wednesday, August 29th at 7:00 PM in the Great Room in the Clubhouse
- Candidate Biography and Position Statement (see details below) are due to LHCC Office by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, September 12th
For all members:
- Candidates’ Forum where candidates meet and address the LHCC Membership (Town Hall style meeting) will be held on Friday, September 28th at 7:00 PM in the Great Room in the Clubhouse
- Annual Meeting will be held on Saturday, October 27th in the Great Room in the Clubhouse. Sign-in begins at 8:30 AM. Voting will be from 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM. The Annual meeting begins at 10:00 AM.
The Candidate Biography and Position Statement
- Biography and Position Statement must be typed in 12-point Times New Roman for uniformity at publication. Electronic copies in Word format are required. The Biography and Position Statement should be attached to an email and sent to Jill@lakeholidaycc.com.
- The biography must fit on the front of one 8.5 by 11-inch piece of paper.
- The Office staff or Nominating Committee may not edit or change your Biography or Position Statement. They will be published as presented.
- The candidate’s biography must be one page, single-sided only. The recommended format is as follows
- a. Name (required)
- b. LHCC Section and Lot Number (required)
- c. Address (required, but does not have to be published)
- d. City, State, Zip (required, but does not have to be published)
- e. Telephone(s) and Email Address (required, but does not have to be published)
- f. State in 75 words (or less) why you are willing to serve as a member of the LHCC Board of Directors. This paragraph, as provided by each candidate, will be printed in the October Lake Holiday Newsletter. (required)
- g. Share additional optional information of your choice, such as
- i. How long you have lived or owned property at LHCC
- ii. Relevant experience or skills you wish to share
- iii. Current or past membership on LHCC committees
- iv. Personal profile – family, hobbies, volunteer experience d. What you most like or least like about our community (or both)
- v. What you most like or least like about our community (or both)
- The Position Statement should be a separate additional page. It should contain the three most important issues you see facing our community and your position on each. Feel free to list more than three if you wish.
- The Biographies and Position Statements will be published on the Lake Holiday website in September and included in the October newsletter.
How can you learn more?
Please call the Office (540-931-0951) to get in touch with members of the current Board of Directors or a Nominating Committee member. Any of these people will be happy to get the answers you need. The current members of the Nominating Committee are: Lou Cesa (Chair), Tom Demery, Tom Wallace, Mike Ressler, Mike Bradshaw, and Michele Bradshaw. We recommend that all prospective candidates read the following materials to gain an understanding of the responsibilities of a Board member:
- LHCC Bylaws
- Article V – Meetings of Directors
- Article VII – Powers and Duties of the Board of Directors
- Article XI – Officers and Their Duties
- Lake Holiday Board of Directors Code of Conduct
Another way to learn a great deal about the people and the process is to attend a Board meeting and to read the “Board Book” that is published on the LHCC Website and is available for review a few days before each Board of Directors’ meeting at the LHCC Office.
~Submitted by the Nominating Committee