A SAFETY NOTE FROM THE SECURITY COMMITTEE: With the start of school after the Christmas Holiday and more and more new residents moving into the area, the Security Committee wanted to send out a few reminders regarding road and bus stop safety .
- Please drive slowly and use caution when entering the bus stop area. Even if you are running late.
- Remind your child to walk, keep their head up and to look for cars.
- Please leave your lights on so that you are more visible for the children.
- Plan on leaving your house early if the event of inclement weather.
- Watch for children (of ALL ages), they may dart out from behind a vehicle, especially when the weather is inclement.
- Expect to have to make a quick stop for children and drive accordingly especially in the area between the parking lot and the pavilion.
- Please follow the marked flow of traffic.
- Please make sure you are stopping at the three way stop entering and exiting the bus parking lot.
- Remind your child to look both ways even in a parking lot, have them try make eye contact with the approaching driver before crossing.
- If your child is walking to school, please direct them to walk facing oncoming traffic and in the grass.
We invite you to attend a Safety Committee meeting. Meetings are held the first Thursdays of the month at 7:00pm.
Thank you so much for helping us keep our kids safe on the roads and bus stop.
(Submitted by Security Committee)