CALL FOR CANDIDATES
One (1) Board of Directors’ Vacancy
Monday, December 11, 2017 at 5:00 pm
The Board will interview and select a candidate at the December 19, 2017 meeting.
Due to the resignation of a member of the Lake Holiday Board of Directors, there is now a vacancy on the Board. According to the procedure in PRP 16, Elections and Voting, The Board shall attempt to fill the vacancy until the next annual election in October, 2018. As this is the last year for the vacant position, the seat will be open per the normal election cycle in October of 2018.
Article IV of the Lake Holiday Country Club Bylaws provides that in the event of the resignation of a Director, a successor may be elected by a majority of the remaining members of the Board of Directors and will serve only until the next annual meeting of the Members.
Volunteers’ biographies are being solicited for the vacancy on the Lake Holiday Board of Directors. We need people on the Board who have a diversity of experience that can be applied to our community in order to continue to make it a desirable place to live. Candidates should have the ability to work with a diverse group of people to move the community forward while representing the needs of all members.
The LHCC Board meets once a month and more often as required. Board members generally work on specific projects for the community, such as land use and development of future amenities, safety and security, lake management, managing the budget, and determining where funds will be spent in the future to better our community. If you believe that you can help, we’d like to see you run for the vacancy on the Board. The type of information that we seek is reflected on the suggested biography format on the reverse side of this letter.
You need the following qualifications to serve on the LHCC Board:
- Be a property owner, named on the property deed, and in good standing, with all fees and assessments paid as of December 11, 2017 — the date the resumes are due.
- Have no architectural or other compliance violations pending.
- Own your property for one year as of December 19, 2017 — the date of the selection
- Are willing to abide by a Code of Conduct Agreement.
- The Office must receive your biography by 5 p.m. on December 11, 2017.
- At the December 19, 2017 meeting the board will select one of the candidates to fill the seat until the next annual election. Candidates are strongly encouraged to attend the meeting, at which time they will have the opportunity to make a brief presentation to the Board and can answer Board member questions.
Board of Directors of Lake Holiday Country Club, Inc.
Please submit your biography to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Lake Holiday Country Club, Inc.
231 Redland Road
Cross Junction, VA 22625
Recommended Format for Candidate Biography
Lake Holiday Section and Lot Number
Telephone and Email Address
Tell your neighbors about yourself.
Include work/job/life experience that you feel will be an asset to the community if you’re elected to the LHCC Board. Relevant experience includes leadership or management roles, budget formulation or management, decision-making experience, planning, program management, etc.
Provide a statement of no more than seventy-five words about why you wish to be a member of the LHCC Board of Directors.
There are only a few “house rules” to follow:
- The biography must be typed. If you do not have a computer or typewriter, please phone the Administrative Office at (540-888-3549).
- Your biography should be typed in 12-point New Times Roman for uniformity and readability.
- The biography must fit on one side of one page. If it is longer than one page, anything after the first page will not be printed.
- No one will edit, spell-check or make any other changes to what you submit. Your biography represents you to the community and the Board. Tell us what you want us to know.
(Submitted by Administrative Staff)