PURPOSE: The Activities Committee promotes a community spirit throughout the year through coordinating a variety of community activities annually.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Plan, coordinate and promote annual community activities that may include, but not limited to the following: Spring Fling, Memorial Day Event, Independence Day Event, Labor Day Event, Fall Fest, Trunk or Treat and Spooky Trail, Holiday Pot Luck. Advocates increased use of the clubhouse to enhance community social interaction.
PURPOSE: The Architectural Committee’s primary goal is to maintain and enhance property values in Lake Holiday.
- Reviews requests for changes to current homes and properties and plans for proposed new home construction.
- Reviews plans for initial building construction and upgrades to buildings on Lake Holiday owned property including common areas. The scope of review is limited to standards of external construction, renovation, site issues, landscaping, removal of trees on private lots, and preservation of the aesthetics of the LHCC community and environment.
- Prepares and publishes Architectural Guidelines and Guidelines for Initial House Construction consistent with the Deeds of Dedication subject to final approval by the Board of Directors.
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS COMMITTEE
PURPOSE: The Buildings and Grounds Committee, in consultation with the General Manager, shall provide recommendations to the Board of Directors upon their request or initiate ideas that require Board approval for implementation concerning improvements and repair to association existing/proposed amenities and structure on common area.
- Research, investigate and obtains project and cost information for purposed improvements and repairs to common area amenities and structures.
- Aids in the planning process of implementing proposed improvements approved by the Board of Directors.
- Plans and proposes ideas to promote preservation of the environment.
PURPOSE: The Compliance Committee provides a peer review for any property owner alleged to have breached any of the requirements of Covenants of Deeds of Dedication, Bylaws, or Policies, Rules and Procedures (PRPs).
- No member of the Board of Directors may serve on the committee.
- The Board Liaison and/or Board Director may attend the meeting but may not be present during deliberations.
- The committee shall consist of a Chair and no less than three other property owners.
RESPONSIBILITIES: When resolution cannot be achieved through an informal process with the General Manager, and the person is alleged to be in noncompliance, the impartial committee members will review and make determinations in all such matters.
PURPOSE: Under the oversight and direction of the Treasurer the Finance Committee shall make recommendations to the Board of Directors that ensure fiscally responsible policies and procedures are implemented.
- Assist the Treasurer with the development of an annual budget, capital improvement budget, and the preparation/update of the Replacement Reserve Study, which anticipates the cost and schedule requirements to repair, renovate, and replace capital assets owned by the Association.
- Monitor actual expenditures.
- Oversee annual audit in accordance with state and local regulations.
- Provide long term financial planning recommendations to the Board of Directors.
PURPOSE: The purpose of the Lake Committee recommends actions and projects to the Board of Directors for preserving and enhancing the health, conservation, and quality of the lake. The committee works to promote safe and appropriate operation of recreation lake activities.
- Initiate, investigate, and recommend policies and actions for maintaining and improving the health and preservation of the lake and shoreline including water quality testing, erosion and sediment control measures and aquatic vegetation control.
- Recommend controls, conservation, and enhancements to the lake
- Recommend policies, procedures, and rules for lake recreational use including boat tests, boat registration / inspections.
- Investigate and recommend improvements for use and design of marina.
- Annual review and update of lake management plan. Interface with lake management consultants.
- Educate the community on best practices for preserving the health of the lake and safe recreational use.
MASTER PLANNING COMMITTEE
PURPOSE: The Master Planning Committee’s primary goal is to provide the community with a sense of direction. The committee shall create and update a Master Plan for the Association that helps guide the Board of Directors and committees in budget process for future enhancements to the community and current asset management.
COMPOSITION: The chairman of the committee shall be a Board Member. There shall be at least one representative of Buildings & Grounds, Lake, and Finance Committees.
- Review and update the Master Plan as required.
- Conduct a survey every 5 years to address changing demographics, trends and amenity use.
- Serve as the committee responsible for creating strategic plans based on receiving all committee requests for capital improvement projects.
PURPOSE: This committee coordinates LHCC election activities and solicits qualified candidates for open vacancies on the LHCC Board.
- The committee shall consist of a chairperson and at least four (4) other members in good standing who shall be approved by the Board of Directors are the committee’s organizational meeting.
- The committee members are approved by the Board no later than six months prior to the Annual Meeting and shall serve until a new Nominating Committee is formed.
- There shall be a Board Liaison.
- Promote nomination activities through newsletter articles, flyers, website, and other appropriate media to the membership.
- Inform prospective candidates of director’s responsibilities and practices.
- Organize and conduct “Meet the Candidates” Forums.
- Monitor administration of election process, including mailings, hiring of vote administrator as applicable.
- Monitor backup process for tallying votes in the absence of vote administrator.
- Provide guidance to candidates individually and through small group meetings.
- Review election timelines in Elections and Voting PRP and coordinate scheduling with Administration Office.
- Participate on Election Challenge Review Panel in the event of an election challenge.
SAFETY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
PURPOSE: The Safety Advisory Committee consults with the board of Directors, general manager and other committees to initiate ideas and recommendations that when implemented, can enhance the safety of Lake Holiday community roadways, perimeters and common areas.
- Elevate awareness of the Lake Holiday rules, regulations, policies, protocols and enforcement methodologies.
- Advise the Board of Directors and General Manager about the need to address certain activities or areas of concern.
- Research, investigate and obtain project and cost information for proposed safety-related technologies and methodologies.
- Leverage information collected from existing and/or new technologies to make data-driven recommendations (e.g. electronic speed monitoring, etc.)
- Partner with the Master Planning Committee to develop community operating procedures for incident response, emergency evacuation preparation and to consider safety measures for future modifications.
- Communicate safety-related information, such as emergency evacuation routes, special event traffic routes and the availability of CERT and other life-saving courses provided by law enforcement, fire departments, EMS and other organizations.
PURPOSE: The TechComm Committee shall assist the Board of Directors and Office Staff as appropriate in making critical decisions by providing assistance, advice, research, and recommendations involving all matters related to technology & communications.
- In conjunction with the Administration Office performs official communications throughout the community including, but not limited to: community business, informative articles, community activities & events, committee and Board of Directors meetings.
- Submit quarterly strategic technology & communications plans and updates to the Board of Directors.
- Perform community outreach in the areas of news, activities, and areas of interest by collecting articles, promoting advertising, and publishing newsletters and digital posts; make recommendations for association website content and official Facebook page.
- Execute Board Directives related to technology improvements and ongoing continuous improvement of technology throughout Lake Holiday.
- Consult with office personnel and Lake Holiday committees to streamline efficient project implementation.
- Perform modest training classes for staff and membership as appropriate.
- Engage with the community to enhance technology knowledge.